Tuesday, October 27, 2009

On a Lighter Note

Okay so Swine Flue has ravaged my workplace, schoolplace and homeplace. No doubt it's affected you (the reader) as well, in some form or another.

Anyway.

Due to this inconvenient slew of illness, I was on a hiatus. No doubt you noticed and wondered if I'd died.

I know you love me.

But I thought that if you are in fact sitting sickly in your bed, deciding to wander to a personable blog about fast food, that you would not appreciate a negative post. So. I've decided to list all the things I absolutely love about Wendy's, in no particular order.


What I love about working at Wendy's--

The sheer fact that we have a cleaner called "Dazzle".
Our cleaning towels are color-coded.
Visa-vis markers are everywhere, so employees can write messages to each other on the counters.
Having a "dream team" of co-workers who I love to work with.
Being forced to wash our hands every five minutes (I'm OCD, hush hush.)
While working drive-thru, it's not necessary to ask "Is this for here or to go?"
Being paid to play in the water (AKA, washing dishes).
Seeing a newbie come in and getting retribution for how I was treated as a newbie (it's all fun and games...).
Cleaning the dining room late at night, when it's quiet and calm.
Listening in on customers' conversations (come on, everybody does it... right?).
When one of my friends comes in and orders just to see me.
When there are fresh fries up.
The smiles on customer's faces when they utter "thank you."
When customers say "thank you."
When a customer gives me any sort of gratification for doing my best for them.
Being able to watch Jim Cramer while I'm working the evening shift.
Sketching during my break.
The smell of fresh chili.
Piling oodles of ketchup packets into customer's "to-go" bags (it feels funny on my hands).
When an exchange student comes in, and I have to reword things because they don't speak fluent English.
When a really cute guy comes in and smiles a lot at me (I am sixteen, ya'know).
And, finally... payday.


Feel better, if you're sick. And if you're not sick, tell someone else to feel better. You're of no use to Wendy's if you have an icky stomach!

(Totally joking by the way about that last part. Seriously, feel better. You don't deserve to hack your brains out. :P )

No comments:

Post a Comment